I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, November 7, 2008

Earthly Embraces and Heavenly Hugs

Hugs are wonderful! Some of the best memories of my childhood were running in to the open arms of my Mother and Daddy and finding comfort, love, and strength. When scrapes and bruises happened, she said, “Come here now…it will be alright”. When the thunder cracked or a spider crawled near, he said, “Come on now, you don’t have to be afraid because I will take care of you”. “When I would go visit my grandparents, they said “Come here child…we have missed you so much.” When I grew up and found that special someone and my heart was bursting with love, he said, “Come here…. you are mine and I will love you forever”.

Our Heavenly Father is standing with His arms open wide and He yearns to be able to tell us:

Come here now, it will be alright…

Come on now, you don’t have to be afraid because I will take care of you….

Come here child, I have missed you so much….

Come here….you are mine and I will love you forever……

Won’t you run to those arms now…….

He is waiting…..with a heavenly hug

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 TNIV


1 thoughts:

Unknown said...

I love this verse! I have it on my fridge (though I have already had to rescue it from the floor where Katie had drawn all over the back of the notecard!). I really enjoyed the reading from our book this week, and I like your story that kind of enhances it for me.
I am really enjoying your blog!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.