I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, July 9, 2009

LOST....

The flyer read:

REWARD

Lost Dog

Name – Muffin

Breed – Maltese

Age – 7 months

Female with medium length white hair

Markings/Distinguishing Characteristics – tear stain under right eye, very friendly, wearing a pink collar

Then the contact info was listed...

The location she was last seen...

And then the plea to

PLEASE CALL IF YOU SEE HER OR HAVE ANY INFORMATION TO HELP US FIND HER! WE MISS HER TERRIBLY!!

Finally, the phone does ring and the caller says our dog has just been "bought" in a parking lot several miles down the road...

The details given are vague and will probably never be known in their entirety, but we rush to a meeting place to rescue our girl...

She jumps in our arms and proceeds to love on us...

We hold her closely and thank the Lord for His goodness...


The flyer read:

REWARD

Wayward Child

Name – Karen

Breed – child of the King

Age – old enough to know better

Female with broken heart

Markings/Distinguishing Characteristics – tears in both eyes, needing her Friend, wearing a robe stained with sin

Please contact her Father in Heaven in the Name of Jesus...

She was last seen on her knees at the foot of the Cross...

PLEASE LET HER KNOW HE SEES HER AND IS PATIENTLY WAITING FOR HER TO COME TO HIM! HE MISSES HER TERRIBLY!!

Finally, the cry comes through and the Father tells her that her sins have been bought and paid for up on Golgotha's hill...

She doesn't understand everything that has happened, but then GOD RAN to rescue His girl...

She jumps in His arms and praises His Name...

He holds her closely and says

Welcome Home...

6 thoughts:

LisaShaw said...

I am absolutely blown away ALL THE TIME by GOD'S goodness! I prayed my LIFE Scripture taught to me as a child by my Grandmother, over your dog yesterday from the moment you posted on FB until I reached out again to you via email at 9pm last night. I believed to see GOD'S GOODNESS! I BELIEVED TO SEE YOUR BABY GIRL MALTESE RETURNED TO YOU! GOD IS GOOD!

Beautiful message

Andrea said...

Oh, Karen, I am amazed by God's goodness! What a wonderful miracle He gave you! Bless His Name!!!

And what a beautiful analogy! Aren't you overwhelmed by God's love? It is unsearchable!

Thank you for your prayers, love, and support. My dear husband is doing ok right now as we wait for tests. God is right here with us!

Blessings to you, dear friend!

Andrea

Denise said...

What a wonderful story and my gosh how you have shared from your heart! LOST but found! What a blessing !

Aunt Gwen said...

Awesome!! How you continue to amaze and bless me, Karen. So glad these two lost souls are back in the arms of their "owners."

Carrie said...

I am happy the doggie came home. she is a cutie! I knew you would have a great analogy!

Aunt Angie said...

Oh you have me crying now....

This was beautiful..and the picture of us...as His wayward children...now purchased by the blood of His only Son...we are FOUND!

I thought of my daughter as I was reading this...for the years she spent away from His heart and home and ours.

God bless you!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.