Service for One
On Sunday, the new young pastor arrived at church and found only an old farmer had shown up.
After waiting a while, the disappointed the pastor remarked to the old farmer, "Well, it appears no one else is coming, so we should probably cancel service today."
The farmer, dressed in his Sunday best, looked at the young preacher and said, "Well pastor, I don't know much 'bout preachin', but I do know something bout farmin' and if I went out in the field and found only one cow, I'd still feed 'em."
This excited the young preacher who preached for the next 45 minutes a fierce fire and brimstone sermon. Afterwards the pastor asked the old farmer what he thought.
The old farmer remarked, "Well pastor, I don't know much bout preachin', but I do know somethin' 'bout farmin' and if I went out in the field and found only one cow, I wouldn't give 'em the whole bale."
I would like to thank Alisa from Faith Imagined for sharing a blog award with me with these instructions:
Write 10 honest things about yourself...
Share with 7 other blogs that you admire...
So here goes:
- I love being a Mom and a Nanna
- I think M & M's are the perfect candy
- My perfect day alone would be with a good book, a cozy chair, and shaved ice to crunch
- My perfect day with family is having the whole crew over for a big meal around the table and then watching the kids (of all ages) play around
- I used to judge people and their circumstances way too harshly until I had to walk a mile in someone else's shoes
- I love taking/looking at/organizing/creating special projects with/ pictures
- I miss my Grandparents and think of things every day I wish I had told them
- I regret not listening closer to the Lord earlier in my life
- Violin music is one of my favorites and I wish I could play one
- I wish I were more organized
That was easy...
The hard part is choosing just 7 blogs I admire cause there are bunches of them!
So here are 7 of a group of many:
Thought, Ponderings, Musings
Sisters of Faith
God Speaks Today
Not Mine But God's Story