I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Bag of Cookies

Who doesn’t love cookies? No one in my family, that’s for sure! Macaroons, gingersnaps, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip...the list is only limited by our imagination ( or what is in the pantry at the time of the deep craving). Christmas time at our house usually means trying a new recipe or two...and thanks to Google, we have access to just about any recipe under the sun.

Sharing cookies is a good ice breaker and people greeter. Cookie swaps abound during this time of year and what better way to say “thank you” than a nice platter of home baked cookies with festive wrapping and a big bow on top. There is something comforting about taking a bite into a warm, chewy cookie and following it with a swallow of ice cold milk. Just a little thing....

Sometimes it is the little things in life that make the greatest impact on our brothers and sisters...especially ones that are hurting, depressed, or hopeless. We may never know how a random act of kindness may change someone’s life, but God does. So if the Holy Spirit impresses you to take that plate of cookies to a neighbor, or to go with someone to the doctor, or to babysit a child for a new mother, try to think of it as bringing a little bit of that warm, chewy comfort to someone who has a need and might be starving for love.

The little things in life...a phone call, a letter, a hug, a listening ear, a shoulder, and a cookie....

The greatest thing in life came in a little package....






Please enjoy this slide show my dad sent me...

Bag of Cookies



View SlideShare

3 thoughts:

Carrie said...

That is a GREAT story! I love it! I think I have seen/read it before, but not sure, it sounds kind of familiar. what a great reminder!

Aunt Angie said...

I loved that! Oh---and I needed it...short tempers here at this office are numerous! Afraid to say---mine was also counted among them a time or two.

Can I whine and just say---"I wanna go home?"

Your picture on the front is awesome! Can I just go sit by that tree and fire and let my troubles just melt away????

Andysbethy said...

I have to agree with Carrie, I think I have heard that story before (we must be on the same mailing list) but it still touches the same place, even the second time your read it. Especially with kids, and the exhaustion I feel sometimes this time of year, remembering to share (over and over) without complaining, (even the silent complaining, that no one hears but God and yourself) is a very needed lesson.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.