I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Monday, December 29, 2008

Eight from ‘08

I learned many things in 2008. Countless mistakes were made, feelings were hurt, hearts were broken, but a life was mended. One sheep passed into the Great Shepherd’s arms, while another little lamb still wandered astray. Relationships were formed, friendships renewed, and wonders amazed.

Many things became clearer to me in 2008 but I will list just a few...

  1. God’s grace is always sufficient...
  2. Even when my heart is breaking, that peace which transcends all understanding will flow through my soul and cushion the hurt...
  3. When God speaks, whether with a whisper or a shout, I need to respond right then because later may be too late...
  4. If I look only on the outward appearance or the current
    circumstances of a situation, I may miss a blessing or hinder someone else from receiving a blessing...
  5. People that I think will be around forever...won’t
  6. People that I think will never change...do
  7. Things that I think will never happen...can
  8. Just when I think I have it all figured out...I don’t...but God already has

What has God opened your eyes or heart to this past year?

But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you. 1 Samuel 12:24 NIV

1 thoughts:

LisaShaw said...

You are a person who reflects in the LORD as do I so I can truly appreciate this post. Several things you said I can share in and relate to.

At the end of it all (this year) we can truly say, "the joy of the LORD is my (our) strength". He's an amazing GOD. Good and Great! Worthy of our Praise! Always slow to anger abounding in love! He's beautiful, glorious, holy and righteous so whatever we've learned this year and whatever the new year will bring we can say now, "HALLELUJAH ANYHOW" because GOD IS WORTHY OF THE PRAISE!!

Bless you my friend.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.