I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, February 12, 2009

He Knows

February 12

Your heavenly Father knows...

I love it! Only four words, but this short phrase is just the beginning of a multitude of possible endings...I read my devotionals the night before instead of the day of...weird, I know, but that's how I've always done them. So last night when I opened my book to February 12th, these four words just stopped me in my tracks.

Do you ever read something that maybe you have read dozens of times before and then all of a sudden you read it again and your heart feels like a Hand has encircled it...your eyes fill up...and your only thought is "Thank you, Lord!"?

Of course my Heavenly Father knows...all and everything...

He knows...

the GOOD...the BAD...the UGLY...

the JOY...the SORROW...the PAIN...the HEALING...

the NEEDS...the WANTS...the PRAYERS...the YEARNINGS...

the SECRETS...the REGRETS...

my PAST...my FUTURE...

the number of HAIRS on my HEAD...

the MOTIVES of my HEART...

HE KNOWS BEFORE I EVEN ASK...

Yes...thank God...

My Heavenly Father Knows...

So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Matthew 6:31-32 (TNIV)



5 thoughts:

Andysbethy said...

He knows - especially the needs and the wants. And the difference between them.
Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

"My Heavenly Father Knows..."

will be the mantra for this day!

Blessings!

Diane

Julie said...

Hey friend, I loved this post. He knows and yet He loves. Isn't that amazing?

Thank you for your sweet words and your visit to my blog. Your words bless me more than you know. I always enjoy your visits!

Hugs from Ellijay

Carolyn said...

Hi friend, I am with you. What a comfort to know that our Heavenly Father knows everything about us, even knowing what our prayer requests are before we can voice them. Because He knows and cares, we can take comfort in believing that He will always take care of us. Carolyn

Sharon Lynne said...

It's so true that different things jump out at us as we read...even if we've read the passage many times.

Sometimes my heart is very "thirsty" when I read...and at those times, the scripture comes alive.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.