I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Mother’s Strength


Please allow me to introduce you to a mother I have not known very long but that I am growing more respect for each and every day. You first met her new daughter here.

This remarkable lady...

Does everything in her power to provide a safe home for her child...

Unselfishly handles so much on her own so as not to be a bother to anyone...

Works all the time to insure her baby's needs are met...

Shows amazing strength in difficult situations...

Shares a loving heart and a forgiving nature...

Is very family focused...

Is filled with a sweet and humble spirit...

Has withstood many obstacles in her life but has not given up...

She is growing more and more to be like a daughter to me and I admire her more than she will ever know.

Now all of you mothers that work outside the home or have done that in the past know how it feels the first time you have to leave your baby and go back to work. Please say a prayer with me for Erin today as she goes through this emotional time of having to leave the little one that has been by her side 24/7 since March 28 and go back to work. Even when you entrust that sweet baby with family and you know she will be well taken care of, there is still that separation anxiety that tears at a mother's heart.

Thank you, Erin, for being the wonderful mother you are!

2 thoughts:

Aunt Angie said...

Too sweet! I remember the day I left my own baby in the hands of another to wipe her tears, clean her face and tell her stories. My heart burned with the need to do those very things myself...but at that time...in those few months...I needed to work and help support our family. That was a rough time---I learned the VALUE of mom-time. No greater joy have I ever exerienced than the day those babies (2) came to my arms!

Karen--I enjoyed this post!

Carrie said...

Very nicely written. I am really enjoying seeing all these moms' tributes! I am especially anticipating the most special one which I am sure will be last...:)

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.