I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Can You Hear It?


Listen...can you hear it...

come closer...

can you hear the sound...

you can hear it

in the stillness...

the sound...

when you hear it...

move quickly...


The sound...

The sound of children laughing...

The sound of people living...

The sound of a nation wondering where it went wrong...

The sound of hope...

The sound of peace...

The sound of compassion...

When you hear it, move quickly...

To share...

To love...

To comfort...

To heal...

To proclaim Jesus is Lord...

Move quickly...

Because the Lord has gone out in front of you...


Listen closely, because soon you will hear the sound

OF HIS COMING...


The Sound of His Coming


by: Lanny Wolfe


I can hear the sound of His coming everywhere

In the headlines resounding by the score

It may be another earthquake or just another war

But to every child of God it's something more

And when I hear the sound of marching


Hear the song of battle cry

Then I know my Lord is coming

Even now it may be nigh


And I can hear the sound of His coming everywhere

They're getting louder and louder each day

And they'll crescendo until that great and final sound

When the trumpet shall call me away


I can hear the sound of fig leaves

Rustling in the summer breeze

As I see, the Lord restore Jerusalem

And I can hear a sound from heaven

As a rushing mighty wind

As God pours His spirit out upon all men

And when I hear revival sounds

Not just here but everywhere

Then I know it's almost over

I can feel it in the air


And I can hear the sound of His coming everywhere

They're getting louder and louder each day

And they'll crescendo until that great and final sound

When the trumpet shall call me away

4 thoughts:

Julie said...

Hey dear friend... Loved this word. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks also for your sweet words at my blog. As always, you bless me!

Hugs!

Andrea said...

Karen, I want to hear his trumpet sound! If I look at the misery of this world, I become discouraged, but if I keep my eyes on Jesus, I am filled with the hope of His return!

Blesesings,

Andrea

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! Karen, thank you for sharing this with us. You are so precious. I love your heart for the LORD.

Aunt Angie said...

I know that song!!! I could HEAR the song as I read the words! I loved it!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.