I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, October 16, 2009

Faithful One - TSMSS


You know those Fridays that seem like Mondays? The ones that the moment your feet touch the floor, you KNOW there are two left ones down there tripping about. As the day rolls on, and things continue in that manner, a third left foot appears and seems to constantly be kicking your behind...

*sigh*

Not a lot of Hallelujah’s being shouted out today...

Oh, I still acknowledged my blessings and thanked the Lord a few times that things weren’t any worse, but my praise was not there. And I knew it...and God knew it...

After contemplating the possible burial of the three phones in our office (I already had a plot picked out in the soggy back yard), my oldest said farewell for the day and I prepared to do some things that I really didn’t feel much like doing.

*sigh*

I staggered hopped into the car and started down the road. After a pathetic pity party with myself, I pushed the button to start some music.

I find no hope within to call my own
For I am frail of heart, my strength is gone
But deep within my soul is rising up a song
Here in the comfort of the faithful one

Oh Lord, forgive me...how could I ever NOT remember when You were so faithful...Hallelujah!

I walk a narrow road through valleys deep
In search of higher ground, on mountains steep
And though with feet unsure, I still keep pressing on.
For I am guided by the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

I see your wounded hands, I touch your side
With thorns upon your brow you bled and died
But there’s an empty tomb, a love for all who come
And give their hearts to you, the faithful one.

Faithful, faithful to the end,
My true and precious friend,
You have been faithful,
Faithful, so faithful to me

And when the day is dawned and when the race is run
I will bow down before God’s only Son
And I will lift my hands in praise for all you’ve done
And I will worship you, my faithful one.

Please visit Signs, Miracles, and Wonders to be blessed...



26 thoughts:

Mary said...

Amen! He is faithful...always faithful. Beautiful song, thanks so much for writing out the lyrics, too.

God bless,
Mary

Peggy said...

Hallelujah...amen ...sweet blessings Karen...so sorry that your day was such a hopeless pain...but isn't it GREAT when we can push a button and just the right song seems to speak to our spirit!!! Ohhh HE IS SO FAITHFUL!

This was the perfect song to complete my TGIF...today God is first (thank God it's Friday, too)!

Never heard this one by Selah but I really love it and the video... (sigh)

May you find HOPE within, may your heart be strengthened with no frailties, may deep within in soul... this song rise up & speak truth into every fiber of your being and each thought. So you can
know that our friend was there all through this day and HE is faithful to the end...awesome words...let us worship Him together!

Hoping that TSMSS builds you up to lift your hands, bow down or jump for victory cuz
Friday's done & you have WON...
the race in the sun to the Son
has just begun...once more for fun
enJOY all as ONE
more day of grace filling you up with lessons learned & much growth!

love & hugs...enJOY TSMSS & the weekend,
Peggy

Debbie Petras said...

Karen, that's how I've felt lately. My strength is gone. Thank you for posting this song today and reminding me that He indeed is faithful.

Blessings,
Debbie

Hazel said...

There's something in the phrase "faithful to the end" that makes me pause and think of what I ought to have been doing to keep my end of the bargain. Wonderful pick!

Andrea said...

AMEN!!

Thank you for your prayers on behalf of our family. We deeply appreciate them.

Blessings, andrea

MsRay said...

We are blessed to have a faithful God.

pinkyshelo said...

Amen .. I felt so refreshed by your post and the song. Sometimes we felt weak and burdened and oftentimes we are filled with worries and doubts.. But Praise the Lord for reminding us again and again that He is a faithful God that He carries our burdens in His shoulders..

Mocha with Linda said...

Great is His faithfulness! Selah always nails it! Thanks for sharing this beautiful song.

Andrea said...

Beautiful! God's faithfulness amazes me. It has no depth!

What a hearfelt post! I appreciate you and the way you always share with such an honest heart.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Andrea

Unknown said...

The best thing about our pity parties is when God raids them and shuts them down! Loved your post!

Hugs,
Cheri

Cathy said...

What a God sent song for you! I loved that song by Selah I had not heard before. Blessings, sweet sister ~

christy rose said...

He is so faithful even when we are not! Thank you Jesus! What an achor that is to my soul!
This was Excellent Karen!

LivingforGod said...

What a beautiful, worshipful song! Thanks for sharing this. He is forever faithful!

Julie said...

Dear friend,
I can't tell you how many times I've listened to this song and cried my way through it....love, love, love it!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are talking about! It feels exactly like tripping around the day with 2 left feet. What a great way to describe it!

Love the song!

Carrie said...

awwww! My Fridays have felt like Mondays recently too! I hope it isn't because you have had the extra burden while I have been working! I know that is why it feels like Monday to me for sure!
Beautiful song!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

This is a beautiful song. I love the lyrics. I have never heard this before and it did me much good this evening.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful song& lyrics!This is first time I have heard,it was blessing.

~Myrna Lee

Karen said...

I appreciated this post so much today! We are going through some transitions here and it is easy NOT to focus on all the blessings and promises sometimes. THANK YOU for your comments to my guest bloggers this weekend!!

Tammy said...

Those are words you can shout "HALLELUJAH" to!! Amen!!

Deborah Ann said...

Oh, what a beautiful way to start the day! Thank you for this...

LisaShaw said...

I'm sorry Sis that you were feeling this way on Friday when you wrote this. I pray that now your spirits and strength are lifted in the LORD. My heart and prayers are with you.

I love you and GOD IS FAITHFUL. He is with you and He adores you.

Deborah Ann said...

I find myself forgetting about the blessings all too often, and focusing on the trials. This was very uplifting!

Sharon Lynne said...

I hope you are feeling a little better now.

Thank you for sharing this song. It slowed me down and gave me a moment to praise God and thank Him for being faithful to me.

Melissa said...

WOW! I have never heard that song before! I love it! I can attest to God's faithfulness in my life and I think I'm going to have to share that on my blog too! LOVE IT!!!!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I know how those days start and what a great song to add.
kim

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.