I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday – Riches on Earth


What are the riches right before your eyes?

Lynn, our hostess for Thankful Thursday, asks this question at the end of her post entitled – Entitlements or Riches. She shares some good advice about dealing with the “I deserve this” mentality.

The greatest riches before my eyes are the many members of my family. I have written about several of them on this blog, so some of you know how special they are to me.

God blesses me with my family and teaches me lessons through my family...

Unconditional love...and total aggravation

Long suffering patience...and immediate gratification

Helpfulness and compassion...and hindrances and bitterness

Moments of sheer joy...and times of deep despair

Times of praising the Lord for the treasure of family...

and times on my knees crying out for help

I am so thankful...for ALL of it!

My family is my greatest treasure on earth...no one has the same one as I have...but then everyone has the same one as I have...whether the members are related by blood, marriage, or not...

The ones we love,

that love us,

give us glimpses of the

One that is love....



15 thoughts:

Debbie said...

This is a great post and one in which I can totally relate. My family is EVERYTHING to me. My extended family (brothers and sisters etc.) have certainly had their share of craziness and sorrow, but through it all there has been so much love. Thanks for posting this. Blessings to you, Debbie

christy rose said...

I love glimpses like that! The ones we love and love us!! I am so thankful too!

Pia said...

wonderful lessons on life...

God bless you more, karen.

i said...

Indeed families are such a blessing! Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Beautiful post about what is the most important riches..those we love.

Have a wonderful day!
Blessings,
Lynn♥

~Let Freedom Ring!~

Karen said...

TRUE WORDS! God is LOVE! Thank you for this great post.

Joyfull said...

Amen! Our families are a great treasure hand picked for us from the Lord. I love your thankful heart!

Jerralea said...

Beautifully written, Karen. Yes, I too, am rich in family. And yes, nothing else sends me to my knees more than family! But that's where I need to be, right?

Aunt Angie said...

Amen! I can relate to this post! Family...God's sweetest blessing in my life.

Love you dear sis!

Tammy said...

It's so good to see people who love their families so much. Especially in today's time. That's the way God meant for it to be. God bless you. I enjoyed your post.

i said...

Thank you for dropping by and the nice comment. How blessed it is to be able to enjoy the rich colours of fall. By the way, I love the background of your blog. Lovely fall colour! Have a blessed weekend ahead.

Denise said...

Such a fantastic thankful post.

Cathy said...

A very sweet post, Karen ~

Unknown said...

Oh Karen,

what an absolutely beautiful post about the your family. Ou God is soooo good and gives us people in our lives to experience love.

Neat... neat..

See you again Thursday. hugs.

LisaShaw said...

So beautiful Karen. As one who adores my family I am touched by this.

Loved this: "The ones we love,

that love us,

give us glimpses of the

One that is love...."


Blessings and love dear sister.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.