I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Deal of a Lifetime

Shopping

Black Friday...

You either love it

or hate it...

Or tolerate it...




A retailer’s day of all days...going from red to black in only a few hours...if they are lucky...


heaven-hell


Eternity...

You will either spend it in heaven

or in hell...

There is no in-between spot...




Life everlasting with the Ancient of Days...covered in crimson...changing from sin stained to snowy white...no luck involved...ONLY GRACE...


-1

Heaven or Hell...

Don’t miss the deal of a lifetime

There will never be another One like this...





19 thoughts:

christy rose said...

You are so right! There is no better deal than Righteousness for the price of our sin. And the best part! It has already been paid for. We just have to reach out and receive it. Thank you Jesus!!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You are so right again and i love the song also. like your new design
kim

Julie said...

Hey friend, thanks for stopping by. I always love your visits. Hope your Thanksgiving was blessed!

Much love!
Julie

Carrie said...

Good reading. Love the new holiday layout!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well said, friend. A "saying" needed saying lest we forget our reason for the gift of grace within us.

Keep to it.

peace~elaine

Diana Ferguson said...

Great post!!!!

Debra Kaye said...

Oh Karen,

What a beautiful truth you have spoken here today! What a blessing!

God bless you!

Cathy said...

I loved that, Karen. Your blog looks so pretty. Blessings, sweet friend~

Aunt Angie said...

Karen I love that song. and the sentiments you shared are so right on for us!

The "black" friday has never been one of my favorites....but especially when I had to work it!

If people were willing to stand in line to get to Jesus the way they do to get into the store so that they don't miss a "bargain" this world would not be as it is....

I love you dearly friend!!!

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

I LOVE that song!!!!! So glad I headed your way!
Wylie

dtbrents said...

Your blog is so beautiful. Hot apple cider is my daily treat. It helps my arthritis. You look a lot like one of my sisters. I hope you have a wonderful week

Bobbi said...

Very neat...thanks for making me think! Have a great evening!

Tracy said...

Amen! Great reminder today in this post, and that song...one of my all time favorites...beautiful! Praise God!

Blessings,
Tracy

Nikki (Sarah) said...

this is totally awesome. Sarah

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen...How very true your words!!! Halleluia!

This was my favorite part besides the wonderful song video:

"Life everlasting with the Ancient of Days...covered in crimson
...changing from sin stained to snowy white...no luck involved
...ONLY GRACE..."

The REAL DEAL of a lifetime! Such a
blessing, such a foundation! Kinda the same theme today on HIS GIFT!

(btw: out of curiosity I just recently read your testimony by following your tags, that's alot easier than going back and reading someone's blog beginnings...so no shame, it's my inadequate blog of not having easy tabs that show the way) I love you & your heart! Bless you for your encouraging words for me!

Andysbethy said...

I liked that comparison. There is no "tolerate it", like with black friday. It is either heaven or hell, no in-between. (despite Dante's musings about purgatory...)
Thankfully, we don't have to push and shove, or wait in line at 4 in the morning for salvation's "great deal" - it is always free, every day of the year.

Denise said...

Pretty blog girl..... and I love that song... Takes me back to the old country church and my grandmother.

Have a blessed December...

melanie said...

Karen...wonderful post, as always. Unlike Black Friday, as retailers try to go from red to black...Salvation takes God's children from black...through the red...and changes us into white. Love the song and your site is beautiful!

LisaShaw said...

Amen Karen!!! Great message!

So thankful for the GRACE that JESUS has given to our lives. Nothing better!!!

Love ya.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.