I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Last Bite

To all who have faithfully followed the nutshell saga, I applaud your lack of anything else to do perseverance. Honestly, this has not gone quite the way I imagined it, but I believe everything happens for a reason...so here goes...the final piece...in a nutshell...

ANGIEBUTTONBloggers retreat...wanted to go SO BADLY...even won a giveaway...

but things just didn’t work out...

SadFaceRetreat weekend...praying for the ladies that went...*sigh*...

Been slaving all year...our business’ motto is “We Never Close”...

housewife ClutteredOffice

DH had a short business trip planned...decided to take ME along and leave a couple of days early...so we could do...

ANYTHING or NOTHING AT ALL!

thshopping GRA0135241 LOGO2 LadyInBathtub-1 meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233 tv_set

You may ask...so what...that’s no big deal...

Excuse me, but it was a BIG deal for US...me and my sweet man were able to spend a few days...together...no pressures...no appointments (until Monday at least)...no spreadsheets...no filing...no dishes...no laundry...

Just good conversation...some much needed rest...and a greater appreciation of each other...

When we were on the way home, I briefly checked my email and had a sweet note from Angie about the retreat...I told my hubby about it...he said he wished that he had just taken me there instead...

I told him that I would have liked to have gone...but that I would rather have spent those days alone with him than anything else...and I had no regrets...

So...when the Lord shut the door on a trip to Florida...He opened a door for a wonderful break with my Ricky...

The simple things...but the most important things...

So that’s my story...in a nutshell...



6 thoughts:

christy rose said...

Awww! I would have loved to have gone to that retreat too! But a getaway with my husband would have taken precedence for me too! I am glad that you had a good time away with him!

Carrie said...

I completely understand what LEAVING home means for you guys! It is the ONLY TIME you get a break for the job being in/on/all around your mind! (the job just being one of many things you got a break from!) I am so happy you got to take that time away and that you even took an extra day or so :) I love the photos you put up that just show how "everything" and "nothing" the weekend was for you two.
WONDERFUL rest and relaxation...for BOTH of you! I am happy it worked out!

Cathy said...

I liked your story and cute pictures, Karen. I'm glad you two had a getaway together and that you had a wonderful time.

Peggy said...

Awww...sweet blessings Karen...I'm so glad that you had this special time with your one & only! As great as it would be to RETREAT with blogger friends, this choice in a nutshell...
it the BEST (after just writing my FLL post for Tues. I am convinced of this!!!...you'll see on Tues, if you get a chance...it's not a great post, I guess it's a crazy half nut post)!

So following your nutshell saga is well worth the time & perseverance!
How cute your graphics & photos!

Glad you were blessed and not stressed & had this chance together in marital bliss of "ANYTHING or NOTHING at all"!!!

Debra Kaye said...

The Lord always knows what we need and when we need it. So glad you had this time with your hubby!

Blessings to you both!

Tea with Tiffany said...

You did the right thing. No regrets. Maybe next year. :)

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.