I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Restoration

lights


When my boys were young, we loved to turn off the lights in the living room and lay on the floor near the Christmas tree. While they looked up at the twinkling lights and excitedly chattered about toys and stockings, I watched their sparkling eyes and felt some of that child-like wonder...

Marveling at the absolute faith and hope my babies felt, tiredness and stress seemed to melt away as I became refreshed and renewed...

Restored by their laughter...

happy together on the floor...

the lowest spot...

Sweet restoration....

My heart has been somewhat heavy today, but amidst it all...I know restoration is coming.

So today I thank my God for that lowest spot...the valley...where lessons are learned...and a still small Voice speaks...

Trust Me...

I am the Truth, the Life, the Way...

restoration is with Me....

Sweet Saviour...

(IN THE VALLEY) HE RESTORETH MY SOUL

words and music by: Dottie Rambo

When I'm low in spirit,

I cry Lord lift me up;

I want to go higher with Thee.

But nothing grows high on a mountain,

So He picked out a valley for me.

And He leads me beside still waters,

Somewhere in the valley below;

And He draws me aside

to be tested and tried,

In the valley He restoreth my soul.

It's dark as a dungeon

and the sun seldom shines,

And I question Lord why must this be?

Then He tells me

there's strength in my sorrows,

And there's victory in trials for me;

Then He leads me beside still waters...

Down in the valley He restoreth my soul...

Laurie @ Women Taking a Stand is hosting Thankful Thursday this month and shared a wonderful post about the gifts that God gives each of us. I promise you will be blessed if you stop by and read what grateful hearts have shared.

TTButton




22 thoughts:

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Karen, this was beautiful. That poem ministered to me as I'm currently in a valley. Thank you for sharing from your heart.

Blessings,
Debbie

Just Be Real said...

Karen, beautiful thoughts. The wonderful time you shared with your children around Christmas time must have really been special. Thank you for sharing. Blessings to you and yours.

Tammy said...

In the valley the only place to look is...up.

God has restored so much in my life but I know there's more for me to learn on this journey.

Love and Hugs~Tammy

Karen said...

Karen, Your post really blessed me this morning. Did you write the poem? It is so true and beautifully expressed. My prayers are with you today. Father says to us; This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!

Unknown said...

Karen,
What a beautiful post!

Restored with you!

Blessings and love in Christ,
Jill

Carrie said...

I'm sorry you are dealing with bad situations. :( praying.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I remember sharing those memories when my children were small. Moments like that should be cherished for they pass by quickly.

Your words in the red box made me think of "Hinds Feet in High Places" by Hannah Hurnard. Your words encouraged my heart for the Lord is taking me through a restoration time.

Even though I just met you here in blog land, I am thankful for you and your blog.

Many Blessings,
Miriam

Denise said...

This truly touched my heart, praying for you sweetie.

LisaShaw said...

Powerful and tender sharing dear sister.

Before I take a blog break I wanted to let you know that I love you and have enjoyed the year with you. I look forward to 2010 and all that it will bring in the LORD for you and your family.

Hold on to the GOD who is a restorer of all things. Be refreshed in knowing HE is always with you.

Love you dear friend. Merry CHRISTmas and blessed New Year to you and your family.

christy rose said...

This ministered to me in a very big way Karen!

Rita T. said...

Beautiful poem by Dotti. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

You brought a tear to my eye with this post! Your words just filled me up with images and emotions! Thank you for sharing this!

Denise said...

In the valley HE restores my soul! I have the valley experiences but oh the JOYS of the mountain top! We much learn to seek HIM in the Valley for HIS presence is GREAT!!!!

Merry Christmas girl

Jerralea said...

I'm sorry I didn't make it by yesterday, but I had to stop and comment on your great TT post.

You ministered so beautifully sharing these thoughts. I'm in a valley right now and really needed to hear what you shared. Adding the lyrics to the Dottie Rambo song just made it perfect!

God bless you my sister, and may your low spot be lifted up soon!

Diana Ferguson said...

Wonderful post! There is peace in the valley..........

Deborah Ann said...

WHOA!!! Tears and more tears. I loved your sweet story about your time beneath the tree, and then that poem! It's a keeper. "Nothing can grown on a mountain" wow...

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen...ohhh this is so beautiful and memorable! Restoration... now I know what I need to do... lay on the floor by my Christmas tree with its white twinkling lites... and listen to sweet words of music like the precious song you shared from Dottie:

"When I'm low in spirit, I cry Lord lift me up; I want to go higher with Thee."

Need those still waters and so thankful that HE alone can pick me up from the valley and shine Light
as He restores me. Thank you Karen!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

This is a great post and looks like a lot of us are in the same boat. Keep the faith!
kim

Beth Herring said...

Beautiful poem with a great message. Love your blog my friend. Truly shines with the Love of Jesus.

Merry Christmas,
Beth

Sharon Lynne said...

May He lift your heart.

I loved your story about the Christmas lights.

The poem is an encouragement and reminder that God still loves us deeply--through the deepest valleys.
Thank you!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"the lowest spot... sweet restoration"--

Now, that will preach sister. Profound thoughts that find me this night in great need of them.

May the peace of Christ rule in both of our hearts as we look toward a new year with a good God!

~elaine

Teresa said...

I love your blog!!!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.