I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, March 26, 2010

Precious Blood – TSMSS

This has been a very nostalgic month for me musically.


Old songs have been playing in my head...


Boxes of old sheet music have been gone through in search of lyrics not totally remembered and not found on google...


Memories recalled of listening to LP’s, cassette tapes, and radio...


Yeah...I’m THAT age...


My choice to share this week is a beautiful song of thanks for that


One


Spotless


Sacrificial


Lamb


that defeated death...


and set us free....

















Precious Blood


So many years, so many lambs were offered up;


But all the blood that was spilt, could never fill that bitter cup.


Till one spotless lamb, in the form of man gave His life on Calvary,


This was the only blood that could ever set me free.


Chorus:


For His blood was not just blood of another spotless lamb;


But His blood was precious blood, for it washed the sins of man.


And His blood it heals my body, and it sets my spirit free,


And I'm so glad His precious blood still flows from Calvary.


Verse 2


No other blood could heal my broken body;


And no other blood could save my sin-sick soul;


And no other blood could conquer death and win the victory,


No other blood, but the blood Jesus shed for me.


Bridge:


And His blood it heals my body, and it sets my spirit free,


And I'm so glad His precious blood still flows from Calvary.



Click here to visit Then Sings My Soul Saturday and prepare to rejoice in readiness for Palm Sunday...






18 thoughts:

Amy Wyatt said...

Oh my goodness Karen! I haven't heard this song since I was a child in the tiny Pentecostal church I grew up in. It brought back many memories. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen...ohhh such precious blood and beautiful song. The words carry such a profound message! Each and every word! I'm so thankful for this Precious Lamb of God and His sacrifice. I do not know this song but I'm so glad that you are sharing from your nostalgia in music. Most of these songs have such meaningful words. Thanks for sharing in this unique way. EnJOY TSMSS!

Cathy said...

Karen, that was so beautiful, and I have not heard it before. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Denise said...

Very precious.

Carolyn said...

I love the song, Karen, and thank you for printing the lyrics. Thank you so much for your encouraging comments on my posts. It has been months since I've spent much time online, but I'm on the mend now. Thank God! You have always been such a blessing to me.
Happy Easter! Carolyn

Hazel said...

I haven't heard it before either. It's wonderful to dig into old sheet music and find fond memories. Thanks for sharing this song. Happy TSMSS.

Just Be Real said...

Wonderful song. Remember that one. Blessings to you dear one and thank you for sharing.

Thena said...

I haven't heard it in years. Beautiful words and meaning.

luvmy4sons said...

Beautiful. Oh the blood of Jesus. I remember when I began to understand this. It used to make me think...why the focus of the blood. Seemed a little morbid. But now...oh such precious blood indeed! Makes my heart sing! Great song!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I have never heard this song but it is lovely.... Praise the Lord for His precious blood He shed for you and me!

Debbie Petras said...

Karen, nothing but His precious blood could save me. What a beautiful song and lyrics. This is a perfect song for this week. Thank you for sharing and going to all the trouble of finding it for this TSMSS.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Tracy said...

What a beautiful song! I don't think I have ever heard it but I just loved it. The words are precious. Thank you for sharing my friend! Blessings to you this Palm Sunday weekend.

Karen said...

Karen,

I have never heard this song, but the words are so true. Thank you. God bless you!

Michelle said...

Such a soothing song. I just sat back, closed my eyes and rested in our Heavenly Father.
Thank You

Mocha with Linda said...

I have never heard that song before. It's beautiful.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

So thankful to be washed in the blood! Have a blessed weekend!
Wylie

LeAnn said...

How about 8 track! We had the joy of experiencing it all. :) Beautiful song. I love how you presented it. It made it even more powerful because it slowed me and quieted me. Beautiful. ~

melanie said...

Your writing is from the heart, and as always beautiful. Daddy and Tonya used to sing this song, and I can hear them now. What memories! This song especially, "This blood, it heals my body" really anchors with me. It reminds me always that a positive test for Lupus I received years ago held no power over His blood, for "His blood covers ALL blood."

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.