I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Monday, May 10, 2010

House of Regrets

It was a nice house...full of memories...

As I maneuvered my car through the familiar turns and stops from years ago, a slide show of past events that took place in this house fast forwarded in my mind...

Anniversaries...births...birthdays...holidays...

Times of laughter...times of tears...

Times of anger...and times of apologies...

Living...laughing...and loving...

Our Home

But now

Regretting...

What if I had only---

What if I had not----

Why didn’t I do more of---

Why in the world didn’t I say----

And if I HAD--

Would the situations of today turned out differently?

Would the wayward paths and bitterness have been bypassed?

Rounding the cul-de-sac where my boys played softball on warm summer nights by streetlight and firefly glimmers, I slowed the car to a crawl and drank in all the physical changes to the old homestead...some good...many not so good...and another memory...

The Lord used to live in that house with us...

I wish I could say He was always treated as the honored guest He was...

But sometimes, He was ignored and slowly pushed into the empty space beneath the stairs...

Only asked to join the family when there was sickness or a tragedy...

More Regrets...

But

Regrets are a chain...

chains

A heavy chain that binds, imprisons, and is forged

link

by

link

by the lies of the enemy...

So then...that still small voice says...

My precious child...

It is not about what you did or did not do...

It is about who I AM...

and what I did...

and am still doing...

So no regrets with Me...

That chain is broken by the power of the blood of the Lamb...

So close the door to your house of regrets...

door closed





20 thoughts:

Cathy said...

Oh, Karen, that is a great post. You are an excellent writer. Praise the Lord!

Kelly L said...

Great and thoughtful post - thanks

Love to you.
Kelly
Amazing Salvation

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Awesome! just awesome!!

Jan said...

Yes so poignant, touching. I was looking to see if it was attributed to someone else..... great post.
Love and Blessings - Jan

Just Be Real said...

Great post Karen and such a great reminder that the chains we were are so heavy and that are not ours to carry to begin with. Blessings.

Sandy said...

Karen, your post today is full
of the amazing truth of God's
holy word. I am encouraged and
ready to start my day now!
Oh, the blood of Jesus...
Peace to you,
Sandy

Peter Stone said...

This post really touched me, especially how the Lord reached past all those regrets and brought the truth of His accomplishments into light.

luvmy4sons said...

Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Godly sorrow produces hope and worldly sorrow despair. So easy to go down that road. I think many moms do. Blessings sweet sister. I think it is good to close the door on regrets...learn what you should from them and lift up that head remembering He remembers we are dust and move on with hope and the love of Christ! Amen!

Denise said...

Fantastic post, very touching. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen, you have no idea what reading these words means to me today. I was actually working on a special area of our garden which we are dedicating to the memory of our two pets which have passed away. As you know, our Golden Retriever, Honey, just passed away a week ago and I have so many regrets. My husband has been so weighed down with them and we spoke last night as he shared his burden. God was so gracious to give us five extra weeks with her where we had the opportunity to do all the things we should have done throughout her 10 years with us but never had time for. It's interesting that as I worked on the garden earlier, I decided to fill it with pebbles and river rocks, and here is your picture with those stones. God is good.

I have a friend who says, "No could've, would've or should've."

Thanks for stopping by earlier. The words on my header are actually my own. They came straight from my heart when I first started a blog and twitter account. I'm so glad I visited. Blessings dear one.

Barbara said...

That was a wonderful post, and sure makes you stop and think, thank you, and God bless you,
Lots of Hugs, Barbara♥

Unknown said...

Very powerful and encouraging writing Karen!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Post.....Thank God for freedom from regrets. I am looking onward and upward today. :)

Blesssings,
Tammy

Debra Kaye said...

Karen,

I loved loved loved this post. Needed to read it!! This was the Lord's timing for me. Thank you.

Blessings to you!

Debbie Petras said...

What a timely reminder Karen. It can be tempting to go back over decisions and things from our past. I'm so thankful that God forgives our sins and remembers them no more. Now if only I could too...

Thank you for your kind comments on Heart Choices.

Love you,
Debbie

Musings of A Minister said...

This is a powerful post. You are an excellent writer and you have illustrated the truth of this post in a marvelous way.

Unknown said...

Karen, this post is beautiful! Could I have your permission to repost it at Glass House, crediting you and linking it back to your own blog, of course!

Blessings, my friend,
Cheri

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A powerful visual regarding our regrets, Karen. I needed this today, and I love the fact that God lives with us in our houses, even when we fail to acknowledge his presence amongst us. I want to do better with my acknowledgment this week. I want him to rule the roost and to sit at the table with us.

peace~elaine

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Very powerful message !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Cherie Hill said...

Wow this was particularly moving for me. I was incredibly touched by your words and you have caused me to grab hold of my faith and God's grace for today.
Bless you sister,
Cherie

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.