I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Perfect Gift

The Shepherd holds the young lamb in His gentle hands...

Friends_u

Its heart beat...cadenced with contentment...

is music to the Master’s ears.

He lovingly gazes at His flock...

The white sheep that graze near by...

The spotted ones that tend to wander with the wind 

and then return at His call...

The coal black sheep that frighten easily 

and run beyond the boundaries of the fold...

and become lost...

He loves them all

Oh, how He loves

Enough to leave the pasture to rescue the one...

falldivider..

I give thanks tonight for my family...

The Good Shepherd has held each one in His arms and 

loves them all 

as if they were the only ones in the fold...

image

The young ones

The white...the black...the spotted...and the wandering...

The ones that now sit at His feet in glory

My family...they are not perfect...

but they are perfect for me...

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


Thanksgiving-Button

I'm linking up with Joan at Reflections of His Grace 

for 30 days of Thanksgiving.  

You can check out the specifics here.



dividers Pictures, Images and Photos

7 thoughts:

Kelli said...

I love this picture of Jesus as the Shepherd and we are the sheep. The Shepherd takes care of his flock and keeps them away from danger. Thank you Jesus for your protection and love!:)

Joan Hall said...

Beautiful words, Karen. I am always blessed by your posts.

Thank you for joining in 30 Days of Thanksgiving. It is a privilege to come alongside others in giving thanks and praise to our Lord.

Blessings,
joan

Denise said...

I love your beautiful, thankful heart sis.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!
oops I accidentally linked up twice...I didn't realize my link showed up from Joan's page!
But I'm glad I am connected!
Great Blog!
God Bless!
Brandi

Wanda said...

A beautiful expression of God's love Karen. Blessings to you

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen... What a beautiful image you create with your words! I love Our Shepherd! I love your grateful heart! The best statement that you made (although I delighted in each part)"My family...they are not perfect...but they are perfect for me..." followed by James!!! ahhh

Praying for each one of those sheep you mentioned. The GIFT comes through in your gift of words. Truly you are a gift to me.

Giving thanks with you and for you!

So glad that you come and make guesses. I thought my WFW was an "indescribable GIFT"... and the video definitely is CREATION!

Baaaa...baaa... is there room for one more of His sheep?

Thank you for painting this picture...did I miss one yesterday?

Love and prayers,
Peggy

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Yes the Shepherd does take the spotted etc...Thankful for our families that are perfect for us:)

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.