I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, December 30, 2011

His Name will be...Prince of Peace

The songwriter said this Peace would be ushered in on

fathomless billows of love...

20538721_871eb262a9

Can you imagine such depth of Peace?

When your hands are clenched tightly
and your stomach is in knots...
Peace will loosen the grip of fear and despair

When turmoil and strife are swirling around
and you can’t see the shore
for the curtain of waves...
Peace will guide you to safety

When tears fall hot and prayers cry loud...
Peace brings a cloak of comfort
to swaddle trembling shoulders...

Peace transforms frowns of worry
into wrinkles of joy...

Can you imagine such perfect Peace?

If you are a child of God,
you can do more than just imagine this Peace...

You can experience it

Let His Peace roll over you in the New Year,
And celebrate with the  Prince of Peace
by accepting His wondrous gifts:

Forgiveness for the past
Peace for the right now
Hope for the future

You, Lord, give true peace 
to those who depend on you, 
because they trust you.

Emmanuel


Jesus


For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon His shoulder:
and His name shall be called
Wonderful,
Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
image0044

17 thoughts:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I cannot live without this Peace that you wrote about...wonderful Peace

Denise said...

Amen, sweet peace.

Just Be Real said...

A lovely touching post this day. Thank you for sharing dear one. Happy New Year.

Jerralea said...

Great post! I wish you peace in the coming year, dear Sister.

Peggy said...

Blessings and Happy New Year Karen...

What a perfect Word and Name to usher in the New year...our Prince of Peace!!!

As we allow His peace to roll over us, celebrate with Him and accept the gifts of forgiveness, peace and hope (how beautifully thought out)... let us shine His Light and may our afterglow be a reflection of Jesus' Glory and Peace! So grateful for His peace, so thankful for experiencing this and knowing a sister who writes from His heart and hers...
with peace, love and grace
always... you bless me!

Thank You Lord for my dear sister Karen. Be with her at the start of this year and every day ahead remind her of this starting piece of PEACE. Be her Prince of Peace through every 'storm', go before her, alongside of her and with her as her Guide, Comfort, Wisdom, and Anchor. May Karen and all of her dear loved ones know You
as Emmanuel; Wonderful,
Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Keep her close to Your heart and guard her heart, mind and spirit. Protect her every minute. Sustain her when she is weary. Strengthen her when she finds herself weak. Empower her when she's facing a battle. Encourage her when she needs to be lifted up. Bless her as she blesses others. Let her know how valuable and precious she is and pour an everlasting flow of love and grace afresh each day, anoint her with Your Spirit and fill her cup to overflow
in Jesus name, I pray...

Deborah Ann said...

Your words of peace have literally jumped off the page and have spilled into my lap. Peace! We all need it, and it is ours for the asking...

Happy New Year, Karen!

Sharon said...

Oh, how I am struggling right now with this issue of peace. I sometimes wish that God's peace meant an absence of adversity - but then, of course, I would be settling for something SO MUCH less than the peace that He offers.

Thank you for this good word today, Karen. Emmanuel gives me encompassing peace - peace that surrounds me and undergirds me even through the storms.

GOD BLESS!

Denise said...

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27

When we finally realize that HE left us with HIS peace then we will realize that when we are uneasy something has disturbed that peace.. I never pray for peace anymore, I pray for understand and wisdom as to what has disturbed what HE has already given me..... Changed my life.....

Beautiful post my friend.. wishing you joy unspeakable in the year of 2010.......

Connie Arnold said...

Beautiful post! Wishing you a wonderful year and an abundance of God's peace, Karen!

Sharon Lynne said...

Thank you for the reminder that God's peace is there for us. I often remind myself of the verse, "Be anxious for nothing..........and the peace of God will guard our hearts and mind in Christ Jesus." It's in Philippians.

Today during a storm, I tried to focus on the Lord...and DID experience his peace. (or I should say...his peace came into our home and calmed things down!)

Pia said...

peace is something i truly value in life. thank you for sharing this with us. i need to remind myself of God's peace every now and then.

Laurie said...

I am so thankful for you, Karen, and this beautiful blog you share with us all ~ may God's peace be with you each day, the true peace of our Lord, HIs promise to all who trust in Him.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to describe the 'peace that passes all understanding'. I was so blessed by this. I'm going to put your button on my blog so I can visit often.
Marie

Karen said...

PERFECT PEACE! Beautiful thoughts, Karen!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Wow, how we are loved and surrounded by the peace that passes all understandin'. Only the kinda peace that comes from our Father.

Great post!

God bless and have a magnificent week sweetie!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

PRAYING YOUR DOING WELL AND YOU WILL BE BACK AGAIN SOON.

GODS LOVE AND BLESSINGS

David C Brown said...

"For He is our peace."

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.