I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Monday, October 27, 2008

A Good Song

One of my best loved songs at the moment is "Hallelujah Anyhow". I have heard several different renditions from quite a few choirs and the version that the adult sanctuary choir sings at The Church at Liberty Square is one of my favorites.

So "Praise the Lord" "regardless" of the circumstances. The Psalmist talks about blessing the Lord at all times and letting His praise always fill his mouth. That is easy enough when things are going okay....or even when the little things happen like a stumped toe or a broken glass. Well Lord, I stumped my toe but at least I didn't break my leg....oh no, I have broken my favorite glass, but at least it was not the whole set, and besides, it was just a glass....although I remember an avalanche of holiday goblets falling out of my china cabinet one day while I was moving in slow motion and could only save about 6 of them. But hey, now I have more room in my cabinet for some other stuff!

But what about the times when your heart is breaking, the way seems dark and long, and God seems far away? You have cried and prayed and tried to put your trust in the One you know holds the future, but your praise is hidden behind your grief. I like what David said in Psalm 66:

You people, praise our God; loudly sing his praise.
He protects our lives and does not let us be defeated.
God, you have tested us; you have purified us like silver.
You let us be trapped and put a heavy load on us.
You let our enemies walk on our heads.
We went through fire and flood, but you brought us to a place with good things.

AMEN.....and Hallelujah anyhow!


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.