I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, December 12, 2008

Each Step Away......

See the pictures on the mantle? All of my babies and my babies’ babies.....each one is so unique and deeply loved....and right in the middle, in a simple wooden frame, there is this picture....



He is 10 years old....


nestled between two brothers – the middle child –


and so full of laughter and spunk and life!


What joy he gives....




Fast forward 10 years....


nestled between anger and addictions – the searching child – and so full of questions and denials and life!


What joy he needs....




Down the road 4 more years....


nestled between regrets and despair – the wandering child - and so full of bitterness and rage and life!


What joy HE will bring....


Heavenly Father, when I look at this picture, my eyes blur as I see the innocent boy he was, but my lips smile as I think of the wonderful man he is becoming. I let him go to walk his own path and patiently wait for him to find his way....to love, to joy, to peace, to YOU! There are obstacles in his way Lord, and the road he is traveling has many curves and construction sites that have caused my wanderer to detour countless times. Please remind him of the road map You placed in his heart, so he can clearly see the way home. My mind is anxious, Lord, so let me linger in Your comforting arms, and wrap me in Your wonderful peace. As Your plan for my prodigal unfolds and I wait during his time of searching, please cover me in your grace. Help me hold in my heart Your promise that each step away brings him closer home...to You....in Jesus’ sweet Holy Name....

Matthew 18:12-13 NIV
What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off.


I love the song When God Ran, so when I saw this video over at http://mom-interceding.blogspot.com/ , it just seemed right to put it with this post.









2 thoughts:

Andysbethy said...

That song is really touching. Thank you for sharing - I think we all have someone we love that isn't walking where they need to be walking. It is a nice reminder that our Father misses them even more then we do.

God's Promise said...

This song is an awesome reminder of the Fathers Love towards us and those we love...That the Father is waiting to run to us when we need Him, no matter if we messed up or we are just having a bad day. He is always their.

Hallelujah Anyhow!!!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.