I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday



Today I am thankful for arms...

The gentle arms of my mother when she comforts me and says, "I love you"...

The strong arms of my daddy when he reassures me and says, "It will be ok"...

The loving arms of my husband when he holds me and says, "You mean everything to me" and "together we can do anything"...

The sweet arms of my children when they hug my neck and say, "Mom, you are the best"...

The precious little arms of my grandchildren when they grab me and say, "Nanna, play with me"...

The comforting arms of a sister in Christ when she pulls me over and says, "I am praying for you"...

But most of all,

I am thankful today for

The Everlasting Arms

That enfold me with love

Support me with strength

Comfort me with peace and assurance

And shield me from harm

Everlasting...forever and ever...with no end...Amen!

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on
the everlasting arms;
What blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on
the everlasting arms.

Refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from
all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day
to day,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so
near,
Leaning on the everlasting arms.



2 thoughts:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I agree with how important all the arms that hug you are. Great post.
kim

christy rose said...

Karen,
Wow! That was great! I am thankful for all of those arms too!
Christy

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.