I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Proverbial Sunrise – Forgiveness

sunrise-2



September’s theme for The Proverbial Sunrise is the “Forgiveness” attribute of God. Be sure to visit Amanda and share your thoughts on this topic.


Forgiveness is such an important factor in our relationship with the Lord. Faith tells me that I am forgiven or I can allow doubt to come in and question that forgiveness.


God’s forgiveness is so different than man’s forgiveness...


Man’s forgiveness says...


Why of course, I forgive you”...but I will never forget...


God’s forgiveness says...


Why of course, I forgive you...it will be remembered no more...”


Man’s forgiveness...


I know she is sorry about what she did...and I have not brought it up in a long time”...but just let her cross me again...and...well...she just may need to be reminded of what she has already done...


God’s forgiveness...


“My child, as far as the east is from the west, is how far I have removed your sins.”


Man...


I know he said he forgave me and he hasn’t ever mentioned it again, but I still can’t help but feel that the thought is just hiding at the back of his head and one day it will explode and that will be the end of it.


God...


Daughter, your sins are covered by my Son’s precious blood. His sacrifice made atonement for all and you are set free! So if the Son sets you free, you are free in deed!”





But if we confess our sins to God,


he can always be trusted to


forgive us and take our sins away.


1 John 1:9 CEV




psalm103_12 grace




1 thoughts:

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen...Awesome comparison on FORGIVENESS! It's clear to me which one I choose & prefer, now that I can do the same! Beautiful Proverbial Sunrise! (I wasn't able to join in this week!)

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.