I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Friday, August 13, 2010

Jesus Paid It All – TSMSS

then_sings_my_soul

with Amy @ Signs, Miracles, and Wonders


I hear the Savior say
Thy strength indeed is small
Child of weakness watch and pray
Find in Me thine all in all


Jesus paid it all
All to Him I owe
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow


Lord now indeed I find
Thy power and thine alone
Can change the leper’s spots
And melt the heart of stone


And when before the throne
I stand in Him complete
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat


Oh praise the One

who paid my debt

and raised this life

up from the dead!




33 thoughts:

Lisa notes... said...

I've not heard this version. Love it. I identify so much as that "child of weakness". I'm glad that HE paid what I can't. Thanks for sharing this tonight.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites Karen. Enjoy your weekend.

Michelle said...

Jesus paid it all. Amen sister!!

Carrie said...

I love this version of this song!

Just Be Real said...

I like this Karen, and I also like the illustration of the video. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, JBR

Nikki (Sarah) said...

beautiful....have a great weekend...stay cool out there. It's supposed to be brutally hot...at least here in Canada...☺

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE this song!!! =D -haven't heard it in a long while. I love trying to harmonize with the melody this morning. Have a blessed weekend!

Thena said...

I've never heard it before. But thank the Lord He truly paid it all for us.

Sandy said...

This is one of the most
touching of hymns in my
opinion. I love it, but,
especially by Fernando
Ortega. You always make
me smile, Karen, with your
sweet encouragement.
Hugs,
Sandy

Karen said...

All to HIM I owe! Amen. I loved this! Thank you.

Barbara said...

That is so pretty, I love that song any way it is sung, thanks for sharing, I like that Then sings my soul Saturday, I may try doing it, thanks Karen, and God bless you today, Hugs Barbara

Mocha with Linda said...

Such a wonderful old hymn!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Love the song....

BARBIE said...

Thank you for sharing this. It's beautiful.

Velvet Over Steel said...

I love this! Couldn't be truer!

Have a wonderful weekend, Karen!

Blessings and Hugs,
Coreen

Debbie Petras said...

I love this song Karen! I sang right along with the video and had a great time of praise and worship. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

luvmy4sons said...

I LOVE LOVE this song!

Peggy said...

Ohhh yes He paid it all !!! Thank You Lord Jesus!!! and thank you Karen for sharing this reminder.

Blessings sweet Karen... new rendition of an old but tried & so true of this classic hymn... and ya' know I just had to look into its background (hope you don't mind me sharing it here):

"The words to the song “Jesus Paid It All” was written by Elvina Hall in 1865. Being prompted by his wife, John T. Grape wrote the score. However it was Grape’s Pastor, Rev. George W. Schrek who believed the score and Hall’s words should be paired together. The song appeared in a hymnal for the first time in 1868."

Believing Jesus paid it all is the foundation of our faith! Some still need to recognize that they are sinners in need of This SAVIOR and stop searching in all the wrong places.

So "my lips shall still repeat"

"Oh praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead! " Hallelujah anyhow... you know you really did pick the best title for this blog!!!

Rested & refreshed...(a little better) Peggy
do you happen to know where Denise is? anyone heard anything? praying & believing, please join me.

annies home said...

one of my all time favories Praise Godfor paying the price we could never do it alone

Debra Kaye said...

Love this song, Karen. I've never heard this version before. What a blessing!

God bless you!

Jan said...

Very touching choice..... love his voice and the video too, and the words!!! "Thy power and thine alone"
An awesome favourite.
Blessings - Jan

Nikki (Sarah) said...

you always inspire....the words really touch me..

Connie Arnold said...

I love this song! What joy it brings!

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful sharing Karen. He indeed PAID IT ALL. Makes my heart all the more tender toward HIM. I so love the LORD and my heart is so humbled by all that He's done for us and continues to do for us.

I love you my friend.

Deborah Ann said...

Beautiful words...I especially love "Thine alone can change the leper's spots."

Unknown said...

That was an awesome version of that song! I really like the power of the instruments between the chorus!

Amy Sullivan said...

First time I've heard this one! Thanks for sharing it.

Denise said...

Enjoyed this sis, love you.

Beth Zimmerman said...

I LOVE this song! Sorry I haven't been by much lately! Busy and overwhelmed were describing my blogging so I stepped back and made a visitation schedule. We'll see how it goes! :)

Tammi said...

This is a beautiful song! The words are so true...He paid it ALL, and all to Him I owe. And I can relate to the "Child of weakness, watch and pray, find in me thine all in all" part especially lately! Thanks for this sweet reminder!
Hugs to you!

Judith said...

Lovely, Karen. Thank you!

And thank you for stopping by my place and leaving your note. All I can say, girlfriend, is amen and amen.

xo
Judith

Denise said...

I came by here just to talk a bit and saw the words on the banner.. Child of weakness watch and pray..

I just cried and cried... I spent all day today and yesterday clearing out my Dad's things in order to put mom back in her home. I did most of it alone yesterday and oh my gosh.. I know why they call it grief...

I thought that I could take care of Mother, I thought that I was strong enough.... I am not.. We are putting her back in her home and I pray that she does well. Mother is very mentally ill and her being in my home 24/7 has taken me down to a place that I am barely able to function.... sooooo for my well being I must let her go home and pray that she is able to live alone.....

Child of weakness watch and pray.. find in my thy all in all..

We are foolish people with foolish thoughts of our own strength... We have none...

Thanks for posting that old song.. touched my heart..

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Amen, All to Him I owe ! The first time I heard this version , it was blessing !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.