I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Monday, December 6, 2010

The 6th Day of Christmas – Two Things I Need

image

with Carrie @ Thoughts, Ponderings, Musings

It’s so easy for the trappings of the Christmas season to overwhelm us with things we think we need to do...

There are many ways to help us stay focused on the true meaning of Christmas, and one thing I love to do is listen to my two favorite Christmas songs at least once a day...or more!

Oh Holy Night” has become dearer to me with the passing years. Every verse seems to take on a deeper meaning with each new Christmas season.

Glorious Impossible” is a relatively new song for me, but for the past two years I have grown to love the words and meaning of this song. God reminds me that when He gave me the gift of the “Glorious Impossible”... each impossibility I seem to face, is turned into an Entirely Possible through Him...







Are you trusting Him with your impossibilities this season?

He is the only One that can turn hopelessness

into a promise conceived...






9 thoughts:

Unknown said...

How True, thank you for sharing, God Bless - Nita

Wanda said...

Karen, you have a beautiful way with words and always manage to bring us back to what is important. Blessings to you & your family during this Christmas season.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You do have a talent, like Wanda said! Love these songs!

Carrie said...

Great songs!

Sharon said...

I don't think I have anywhere else to go EXCEPT HIM with my impossibilities! As I've said, He is the only One who can turn my "impossible" into "Him-possible."

A promise conceived - what a wonderful way to express it! Really liked that a lot...

GOD BLESS, Karen - thanks for sharing, and for encouraging me again with hope.

MTJ said...

Hi Karen,

These days preceding Christmas are having such a profound affect on me as I pray recognizing that my life is truly in God's hands. I've been reading through the book of Daniel and this morning, I was awed by his prayer. What struck me is that Daniel didn't didn't distinguish himself from the sins of the nation of Israel; his prayer was the prayer of a nation speaking to God through him.

I guess what I'm saying is that, I'm sure that many living in exile during that time looked upon their life and the fate of Israel with a cloud of impossibility overshadowing them. But just as it was for them then, so it is for us today, God is The God of possibilities!

God has favored you Karen. You write words of encouragement that others may learn the truth of a loving and compassionate God. While others may look at you and wonder why, you have come to know the answer to Who (He is The God of All). The words of the song, He Touched Me, come to mind.

Thank you for just standing on faith as an example to others.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Peggy said...

Blessings Karen,

Staying focused on the true meaning of this season and so enJoying as you share your favorites at Christmas!

We both shared "O Holy Night" on this day (Tues.) and Debby shared another sweet angelic voice. I love Selah and really enJoyed this version!

The other one was entirely new to me and I listened to it a few times because the message is one I truly need... who else but God can make the impossibilities glorious and possible!!! I'm so thankful that you share how you face times that seem impossible too and that we can triumph together in this and God's glorious victory! Looks like this is having a profound impact. Thank you for sharing this new one and a great traditional one made new!

Love and peace,
Peggy

Peggy said...

Ohh I forgot to share this... a new blogger for me in WFW had a link up for songs and maybe you would like to link this up there also...

http://servantwifemother.blogspot.com/2010/12/word-filled-wednesday-bethlehem.html

Michelle said...

This is my first time hearing `Glorious Impossible`
So beautiful!
Thanks for posting the songs.
Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.