I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The High Price of Peace

"Peace isn't a concept. 
Peace is a person."
~Elaine Olsen

Isa 53 5
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.
But he was being punished for what we did. He was crushed because of our guilt. He took the punishment we deserved, and this brought us peace. We were healed because of his pain. 
But He was pierced because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; punishment for our peace was on Him, and we are healed by His wounds.
But he was wounded and bruised for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace; he was lashed—and we were healed!
But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. 
But he was hurt because of us; he suffered so. Our wrongdoing wounded and crushed him. He endured the breaking that made us whole. The injuries he suffered became our healing. 

Politicians promise it

Choirs sing about it

Nations covet it

People fake it

but only those who acknowledge the Lord

will ever attain it...

It can't be bought, sold, bartered, or explained

It goes beyond what our minds can imagine and surpasses what our hearts can understand  

Yet it is freely given to all who ask

True peace

from the

Prince of Peace

Jesus is our peace

6 thoughts:

Karen said...

This is a wonderful post. I wish it could be on the front page of the newspapers! Peace that Jesus gives: the world can't give it to us and the world can't take it away.

Anonymous said...

Truly a precious post, especially so in the midst of the presidential election.

NanaNor's said...

Powerful Post Karen, so well said. So thankful that we can have peace in the midst of turmoil.
Hugs,
Noreen

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Truth and AMEN!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen! This peace is what we need! I like this post that points out all the scriptures in Isaiah. During this pitiful election talk we sure need the peace

Peggy said...

Oh yes, Elaine Olsen and Karen! True Peace IS Jesus, our Prince of Peace. Love all the versions of Isaiah, one of my favorites.

I'm thinking as I go back and read these many posts that I missed that more than likely, at the time you wrote and posted these beautiful reminders - I probably really needed each one and they were timely yet even as I read them late, God is using your words to touch me right now and His Word to touch me right where I need healing. I claimed this verse for Tracy back in the early to mid 90s, and saw God's miraculous hand and it looks like 2017 will be another time to grab hold of this verse for so much healing for so many. Just today, I saw this saying come to life: "hurt people hurt people" and I know that my healing is not complete and I need Jesus, as my Healer and the wholeness that comes from Him and in Him. May God guard my mouth and my heart as I take on "healing" for my one word ... knowing how it will bring some deep work and miracles to see me through (and others) only with Jesus, our Prince of Peace! Thank You Lord and for using Karen as ALWAYS! Bless Karen and her family in Jesus' name right where they are and just what they need this day and this year! Pour Your love and abundant grace over them and wrap Karen in Your ever-loving and lasting arms of Love! ALWAYS {and bring forth a new word that will minister to her throughout this year blessing her} ~ Peggy

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.