I Know Whom I Have Believed...


Sunday, March 8, 2009

God STOP Sunday



My God SPOT for this week actually happened last Sunday and was reaffirmed this morning. Last Sunday was the 1st anniversary of Graceland – the north campus of the Church at Liberty Square. I visit there from time to time because my oldest son and his family are charter members of that church and recently my youngest son and his wife have started going there. Corey and Ben play guitar and drums in the worship band and it just thrills this mother's heart to see them praising the Lord this way. My daughter in law teaches the toddler class, so I am very proud of all of them.


At the anniversary service, the music and singing were especially good and a sweet spirit was flowing through the congregation. During one of my favorite songs, I stopped singing at one point and opened my eyes and happened to look at my sons. Overwhelming joy and thankfulness threatened to burst my heart as I praised the Lord for saving my children and directing them to a church that feeds their souls and allows them to minister to others with the gifts God has given them.


Later that day, when I was recalling that moment, the Lord reminded me that when any of His children worship Him, honor Him, and minister to others, that He has great joy! As I delight in my children, my Heavenly Father delights in my praises to Him.


Yet you are holy, enthroned on the
praises of Israel.

Psalm 22:3 ESV

The main campus of the church showed a slide show and video this morning about Graceland's anniversary and when I saw the picture of my boys, I felt I needed to share this today for Carrie's God STOP Sunday.

4 thoughts:

Carrie said...

that is awesome! I hope they edited the video from the kindergarten class because PJ told me that Katie had a meltdown during the time the guy was in there!
We love our church too!

Andrea said...

A powerful testimony! God is so fatihful to us! I rejoice with you! Blessings.

Andysbethy said...

I am eager to "check out" Graceland. Now that I am back in town for a few months, and I don't get to worship with Andy, I am excited to get to worship with Andy's best friend instead. Thanks for raising a good man to be my hubby's best friend.

Sharon Lynne said...

I rejoice with you! How grateful you must be that they are using their talents for worship.

My oldest son (who we are struggling with is also named Corey.)

Our youngest son plays the drums. He plays in our high school department.

My husband once played in (very contemporary) worship for years, but when the leader moved, the band fell apart. Now, 3 years later...there is an opportunity coming up at our church and I'm praying that "Mozart" (my husband) will be a part of that.

Post a Comment

I appreciate all who take the time to visit my blog and would love for you to share your thoughts.